Saturday, November 27, 2010

SKETCH BOOK SKETCHES 2

When we're working on a show or production, everything I do informs that project. In between times I draw and draw. I usually turn off my conscious mind and let my pen explore the boundaries of what I think I see into what I really see. Imagination in line form - - without erasing. The following were all drawn during the first three weeks of November 2010. (click on pictures to enlarge)










If these were from my subconscious, I also try to draw things I see in my head.



. . .or copy from a picture in a newspaper or magazine. . .


. . .or try to draw some one from memory (like Arthur Godfrey.)



Or I try to draw real to life - - with no mistakes or going over it again.



I love drawing. If I wasn't a puppeteer (which is drawing in three dimensions) I would have been an animator.

4 comments:

  1. With your wit? probably cartoonist for the New Yorker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Drawings Craig..If You didn't become a puppeteer/entertainer and musical performer/Craftsman?

    I think that you would become a successful newspaper comic strip cartoonist.

    Or..A hell of a popular cartoon animator.

    Thanks for sharing some of your sketches,

    "Mr.KTV".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice sketchbook sketches! You could build a great show around puppets based on the drawings you posted here!

    ReplyDelete